- This event has passed.
Essential Skills Needed for Independence
January 18, 2021 @ 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm CSTFree
The purpose of this presentation is to teach parents of children with autism on how to build essential skills needed for the independence of their child. This workshop will discuss:
- Requesting wants and needs
- Tolerating delays
- Relinquishing preferred items/activities
- Tolerating situations related to health and safety
- ADL’s related to health and safety
- Building language and cognition skills
- Skills related to dealing with difficult private events
Join us for this virtual workshop hosted by The Place for Children with Autism and presented by Brian Katz, BCBA of Emergent Learning Center.