Goodman Theatre will have a sensory-friendly performance of A Christmas Carol on Saturday, December 30, 2017 at 2pm.
Accommodations for the sensory-friendly performance includes:
- Lower sound level, especially for startling or loud sounds
- House Lights remain on at a low level during the performance
- A reduction of strobe lighting or lighting focused on the audience
- Patrons are free to talk and leave their seats during the performance
- Designated quiet areas within the theater building
- Space throughout the theater for standing and movement
- Limited crowds and visitors at Goodman Theatre during the day and timing of the performance
- Goodman Theatre staff trained to be inviting and accommodating to families’ needs.
Tickets for the sensory-friendly performance start at $15. Families will also have access to resource materials: social stories, a seating map etc. to prepare for their visit.